SUNY Corning Community College may award a posthumous degree as recognition of a student’s academic achievement that would have resulted in a degree, except for the occurrence of death. At the request of the family or a campus representative, a posthumous degree may be awarded if the student meets the following criteria:
- At the time of death, the student was enrolled in courses that would complete all degree requirements.
- The instructors in those courses believe that the student would have successfully completed the courses.
- The academic division recommends the awarding of the degree.
- The Faculty Assembly approves the awarding of the degree.
- The VP of Academic Affairs approves the awarding of the degree.