Students with a complaint against a faculty member have the opportunity to take grievances through two channels. For academic issues, such as grades, returning homework on time, adhering to the syllabus, quality of instruction, etc., students should seek to resolve the complaint directly with the faculty member. The next step would be to meet with the appropriate academic Department Chair. If still unresolved, the student may meet with the appropriate Associate Dean of Instruction. If necessary, a final appeal may be made to the VP of Academic Affairs. For other complaints, such as discriminatory harassment or other inappropriate interpersonal behavior, students should contact the Human Resources Office.