Financial Aid Programs

Federal Pell Grant

Students accepted in a program and enrolled in courses that are degree/program requirements of their primary program of study should apply. Eligibility is determined by family size, income, assets, etc.; continued eligibility is affected by academic progress. Amounts range from approximately $767 to $7,395 per academic year depending on enrollment status. Available to both full and part-time students. Complete the FAFSA to apply.

Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)

New York State residents who are accepted in a program, enrolled in 12 or more program hours and are in good academic standing should apply for this grant. Usually students are eligible if their family’s state net taxable income is no more than $80,000. For independent students with no dependents, the net taxable income limit is $10,000. Incomes may be higher if more than one family member is in college full-time. Annual awards range from $500 to 100 percent of tuition. Students may use up to six semesters of TAP eligibility to pursue an associate degree. Complete the FAFSA and NYS Student Aid Payment Application.

A student may be eligible to receive TAP for part-time enrollment if they are certified under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). ADA defines a person with a disability as anyone with physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, such as caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning and working. The disability must be documented with CCC’s Office of Accessibility Services before the student is considered for TAP for part-time enrollment.

Excelsior Scholarship

The Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other aid programs including the Federal Pell Grant and NYS TAP, provides free college tuition to NYS residents who meet the eligibility requirements. To be eligible, a student must enroll full-time, complete at least 30-credit hours per year, be on track to graduate in two years, and have family income of $125,000 or less. Recipients must live and work in New York State for the number of years equal to awards received. Failure to meet these requirements will result in the conversion of the award to a no interest loan. Complete the Excelsior Scholarship application at

Part-Time Tuition Assistance Program

New York State residents who were accepted in a program as first time freshmen in 2006-2007 or later, maintained a 2.0 cumulative GPA, and enrolled between 6 and 11 credit hours in their program of study should apply for this grant. Income guidelines are the same as the Tuition Assistance Program. Awards are based on a prorated schedule through NYSHESC. Complete the FAFSA and the NYS Student Aid Payment Application.

Additional Financial Aid Programs

Students who are accepted in a program and have financial need in excess of their Pell and/or TAP awards may be eligible for additional aid, as outlined below. Award amounts vary based on financial need.

Federal College Work-Study (FWS):

A type of federal aid that allows eligible students to work part-time while attending school at least half-time. The total amount depends on need, other aid received and the availability of funding. Available jobs can be found in MyCorning.  The amount received is dependent upon how many hours the student works. Complete the FAFSA to apply.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG):

From $300 to $600 per academic year and awarded to the neediest students attending at least 6 credit hours who are also Pell Grant eligible. Complete the FAFSA to apply.

Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS):

This grant is for matriculated part-time students enrolled in at least 3 credit hours and up to 11 credit hours. Applicants must be New York State residents and be in good academic standing prior to applying. For dependent students or married students with dependents, the family net taxable income can't exceed $50,500. Independent students must have a net taxable income of $34,250 or less. Students are not eligible if they have already used all semesters of TAP eligibility. To maximize benefits, only Part Time TAP or APTS will be awarded each semester, whichever is higher, unless the student requests in writing, that they wish to receive both.  Remedial courses can be counted toward a student’s part-time load hours if the student is also enrolled in at least three credit hours of coursework that counts towards their program of study. Award amount is up to $1,000 per semester. APTS applications are available from the Enrollment Advisement Center (EAC) or on the web: Financial Aid Forms. Completed applications are submitted to the EAC.  Complete the TAP application at