The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) at SUNY Corning Community College helps to make higher education possible for students who demonstrate academic promise, but whose life circumstances have not permitted them to reach their full potential.
EOP at SUNY CCC helps eligible students to identify their strengths, meet the challenges of college, and be successful. EOP is designed to help break down the barriers to higher education and teach eligible students to advocate for themselves and build community.
Program Services Provided
- Pre-Freshman Summer Bridge Program
- Career Counseling
- Academic Advising
- Supplemental Financial Assistance
- Peer Mentors
- Professional and Peer Tutoring
- Social Gatherings and Workshops
- Networking with a like-minded cohort of students
- Be a first semester, college freshman
- Meet the New York State residency requirement (12 months)
- Earned a High School Diploma or GED
- Attained a high school average in the range of 70-85
- Meet EOP economic eligibility requirements as outlined by New York State
- Successfully complete the EOP Summer Bridge Program prior to attending CCC
- Demonstrate potential and motivation to complete a college program
- Incoming freshmen and eligible transfer students must complete the application process by June 30th prior to their first fall semester at CCC
- Apply to CCC
- Complete the FAFSA and Tap Applications
- Apply to EOP for academic verification by sending high school and/or college transcripts to CCC Admissions
- Complete and submit the EOP Income Verification Form including supporting documents
For more information, visit the CCC EOP webpage or email the EOP office at EOP@corning-cc.edu.